Hi, I'm Alonso de Sousa, designer and visual artist (www.alonsodesousa.com), and I have created Alousana diseño to offer professional and creative solutions of design to artists, entities or people who are looking for a more personalized and original concept for their personal and professional projects.
If you need a web site, a documentary video about your work, photo report or prepare promotional material for your next exhibition do not hesitate to contact to me; I'll be happy to assist you and inform you without obligation.
- – Graphic design and image editing (Photoshop, Illustrator, Gimp): Digital photography, photo retouching, logos, mascots, posters, brochures and covers.
- – Editorial design and posters (Indesign, Photoshop, Ilustrator, Acrobat Pro): Catalogs, books, layout, content writing.
- – 2D y 3D design and animation (Blender, Premier Pro): Animations, animated logos for the web, intros, modeling for games and web pages.
- – Design, creation and editing of video and photography (Premier Pro, Motion, Blender, Audition, Photoshop): Personal videos, video reports about events, promotional videos for artists, videofelicitations...
- – Production of traditional visual arts (Oil painting, pencil drawing, charcoal, ink drawing, gouache, pastel, technical drawing): Landscapes, portraits, figures, compositions; works of all kinds on offer and on request.
I was born in Madrid in 1971, and I have always lived in an environment imbued with the visual arts. Since I was a little girl I was instructed in all the techniques of drawing, painting and plastic expression; and continue developing this facet by entering Fine Arts. I'm currently a designer in several fields: graphic design, editorial, web design and video design / editing.
Also from my youth I was attracted by computers and the infinite world of possibilities they offer. Today, I have experience in the management of various video editing, image and sound applications, 2D and 3D animation, and digital graphic design, composition and layout, vectors, raster and graphic works of all kinds that I apply to my videos and web designs, giving them personality and freshness. I don't use templates, or edit the topics for clients who prefer to self-manage their website with CMS as Wordpress.
I'm flexible and intuitive and with a large dose of imagination; I usually have a lot of empathy with my clients to offer them a professional, original and very personal result, always adapting to what each one needs.
I started drawing very young, and after several years drawing, painting, participating in numerous art exhibitions and teaching painting and drawing classes, I'm still looking for ways to combine technique, inspiration, emotions and new technologies to take the message to the public; and I continue to explore new techniques, languages and programs to expand my possibilities of expression.
She attends drawing and painting classes since childhood from her mother's hand, the multidisciplinary artist Linda de Sousa, obtaining the first prize of drawing in the IV Provincial Youth Contest of Plastic Arts of Madrid at the age of 12 and several prizes of drawing and selections in children and youth category, being selected one of her drawings to be part of the permanent exhibition of the Children's Museum in Japan. He studied Fine Arts at the Complutense University of Madrid in the field of design, and then spent several years travelling and exploring various graphic and pictorial techniques.
She takes part in group exhibitions in Spain, Asia, Europe and the USA, and solo exhibitions in different Spanish provinces and in Madrid.
Already in her teens, she was attracted to computer science, learning to program in BASIC at the age of fifteen, in a self-taught way, enrolling three years later in the Faculty of Computer Science of the Polytechnic University of Madrid; however, she abandoned it in favour of her artistic vocation, beginning her career in Fine Arts.
A few years ago, in view of the evolution of computer science and programming, she made new contact with digital arts and new technologies applied to design, looking for a way to combine the two disciplines, and shortly after she developed as a graphic designer and illustrator and exhibited her digital works. He specializes in professional video editing and animation linked to the fine arts and currently has a large number of his own works and commissioned work published on the web.
For several years he taught painting, drawing and creative arts in public schools, town halls, social work and private studies for both children and adults in the Madrid area and the provinces bordering the capital.
She is a member of the proArte y Cultura group since 2012.
Prizes and notorious activities
– 3rd prize in the first edition of the Juan Carlos I Botanical Garden painting competition in collaboration with the association of plastic artists La Cigüeña (2014).
– 'Excelencia en Dibujo' award from La Tertulia Ilustrada of Madrid in 2013.
– Participation as a jury member in the Rapid Painting Contest of Piedrahita Goyesca in 2012.
– Some of his works are currently on display in various museums and institutions and are part of outstanding collections (Habsburg-Lorraine Collection at the Castle of Gmünd (Austria), El Romeral House Museum (Madrid), Collection of Palast Hohenems of the counts of Walburg-Hohenems (Austria), Cervantine Library-Museum of El Toboso (Toledo), Julio Gavín Drawing Museum "Castillo de Larrés" (Huesca), Piedrahita and Villafranca de la Sierra Town Councils (Ávila), Mayte Spínola Museum in Marmolejo (Jaén), Spínola House Museum in Azuaga (Badajoz)...)
– He takes part in numerous group exhibitions in Spain, including the travelling exhibition "Por los caminos del Quijote" on the occasion of the IV Centenary of the publication of Don Quijote in several Spanish provinces and the exhibition "Homenaje a CJC en el primer Centenario de su nacimiento" at the Círculo de Bellas Artes in Madrid; and in several foreign countries such as "Existencia, Soledad y Amor" in New Taipei (Taiwan), "Spanische Sammlung" at Gmünd Castle (Austria), "Show de Bola 2015" in Dallas (USA) and "NY Summer Gallery" in New York (USA).
– Graphic design of posters, banners, invitations and catalogues, as well as art direction and video-editing of various artistic events, including 'La Semana Cela' held at the Círculo de Bellas Artes in Madrid in 2016 to mark the first centenary of his birth.