From a very young age I can feel art and beauty in everything that surrounds me; I love light, color, shapes, balance and harmony, the textures of things, geometry ... and then there are emotions and feelings; That is, people. Also, I am attracted to all expressions of art: painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, video, design, cinema, music and literature ... even culinary art.
It was easy to learn as a daughter of the visual artist Linda de Sousa, since I started in all kinds of artistic techniques facilitating my development and encouraging my vocation. I believe that, in order to create something, a deep knowledge of the materials you handle, its mathematics, its physics and its essence is necessary, and I am very curious about how things work, so I studied high school in pure sciences and then computer science and web development, image and sound, writing, decoration, photography, patternmaking and dressmaking to be able to design my own models, culinary to invent my dishes and, of course, Fine Arts at the Complutense Faculty of Madrid to master traditional art techniques.
My artistic field is very wide and varied, from the drawing of comics to the digital, oil landscapes, illustrations in Chinese ink, portraits, fashion design and creative video editing, web design, graphic design ... I think it can be said that I am very creative. For this reason and because of my inclination to order, I have created Alousana diseño to separate my artistic work as such from my activity as a designer, this being the hallmark of my design work for my clients. And I continue and will continue studying, because the world is advancing rapidly and art is communication, and every day new ways of expressing oneself emerge, ingenious, amazing, spectacular ... Inspiration is inexhaustible, and the need to share it with the insatiable world, as in all heart of any artist.
What else can I say about me? Apart from my creative activity and as a designer,and to continue learning and researching, I’m also a professor of painting and drawing and applied arts, I have participated in several competitions (also as a jury) and obtained some awards; I was part of the Association of plastic artists La Cigüeña, I have work exhibited in several private collections and institutions and I belong to the Grupo pro Arte y Cultura (GpAyC) since 2012.
Spanish visual artist. She attends drawing and painting classes since childhood from her mother's hand, the multidisciplinary artist Linda de Sousa, obtaining the first prize of drawing in the IV Provincial Youth Contest of Plastic Arts of Madrid at the age of 12 and several prizes of drawing and selections in children and youth category, being selected one of her drawings to be part of the permanent exhibition of the Children's Museum in Japan. She studied Fine Arts at the Complutense University of Madrid in the field of design, and then spent several years travelling and exploring various graphic and pictorial techniques.
She takes part in several group exhibitions in Spain, Asia, Europe, USA and South America, and solo exhibitions in different Spanish provinces and in Madrid, and currently has works in various museums and institutions and as part of outstanding collections; receiving some prizes such as the Excellence in Drawing Prize of the Illustrated Tertulia of Madrid in 2013. (See below)
Already in her teens, she was attracted to computer science, learning to program in BASIC at the age of fifteen, in a self-taught way, enrolling three years later in the Faculty of Computer Science of the Polytechnic University of Madrid; however, she abandoned it in favour of her artistic vocation, beginning her career in Fine Arts.
A few years ago, in view of the evolution of computer science and programming, she made new contact with digital arts and new technologies applied to design, looking for a way to combine the two disciplines, and shortly after she developed as a graphic designer and illustrator and exhibited her digital works. For this activity as a designer, she has recently been awarded the Excellence Award of the Group for Art and Culture for her Career in Graphic Design in 2020. She also specializes in editing and animating professional video linked to fine arts, and currently has large number of works published on the web.
For several years he taught painting, drawing and creative arts in public schools, town halls, social work and private studies for both children and adults in the Madrid area and the provinces bordering the capital. Today, in addition to her artistic and exhibition work, she collaborates as a designer with various artists and art collectives in the dissemination and promotion of their works.
She is a member of the Grupo proArte y Cultura (GpAyC) since 2012.
Prizes and notorious activities
– Excellence Award from the Grupo pro Arte y Cultura for her career in Graphic Design. 2020
– 3rd Prize in the first edition of the Royal Botanical Garden Juan Carlos I painting competition in collaboration with the association of plastic artists La Cigüeña (2014).
– 'Excelencia en Dibujo' award from La Tertulia Ilustrada of Madrid in 2013.
– Participation as a jury member in the Rapid Painting Contest of Piedrahita Goyesca in 2012.
– Some of her works are currently on display in various museums and institutions and are part of outstanding collections (Habsburg-Lorraine Collection at the Castle of Gmünd (Austria), El Romeral House Museum (Madrid), Mayte Spínola Museum in Marmolejo (Jaén), Spínola House Museum in Azuaga (Badajoz), Collection of Palast Hohenems of the counts of Walburg-Hohenems (Austria), Cervantine Library-Museum of El Toboso (Toledo), Julio Gavín Drawing Museum "Castillo de Larrés" (Huesca), Piedrahita and Villafranca de la Sierra Town Councils (Ávila)...)
– She takes part in numerous group exhibitions in Spain, including “Expoarte GpAyC | Crear y Ayudar” at Santana Art Gallery (Madrid), “El Quijote viaja a Santo Domingo” (El Toboso, Molina de Segura and after in Santo Domingo), "Ante el Arte" in Espacio Galaxia (Madrid), GpAyC in the San Diego Convent in Alaior (Menorca),the travelling exhibition "Por los caminos del Quijote" on the occasion of the IV Centenary of the publication of Don Quijote in several Spanish provinces and the exhibition "Homenaje a CJC en el primer Centenario de su nacimiento" at the Círculo de Bellas Artes in Madrid; and in several foreign countries such as “Carnaval” Galleria Spazio40 (Rome), 12ª Arte no Fórum, São Paulo (Brasil), XXXIII Salão de Artes Plásticas de Arceburgo, Minas Gerais (Brasil), "Existencia, Soledad y Amor" in New Taipei (Taiwan), "Spanische Sammlung" at Gmünd Castle and "Spanische Sammlung" in Palast Hohenems (Austria), “Homenaje a Miguel de Cervantes” in Gällivare Museum (Sweden) "Show de Bola 2015" in Dallas (USA) and "NY Summer Gallery" in New York (USA).
– As a designer, she has done graphic design of catalogues, art books, prizes, posters, banners and invitations, as well as art direction and video-editing of various artistic events, including the official short film of the Mayte Spínola 2018 and 2019 Gold Medals, the most important private cultural event in Spain.
You can see some of this works at www.alousana.com